Sunday, February 8, 2009

The Lap


There is was, out in the garden. A napping spot, a lap. The garden was a little damp so I thought, why not. Suddenly Judy is calling to Laura, "Quick get the camera! You've got to get a picture to prove it really happened". She just sat there trying not to move, not touching me. She knew I could leave any second. I held her hostage for more than an hour. I could have gone longer but they finally cried "Uncle", picked me up and went into the house for lunch.




It's not like I've never been on her lap before. I spent a lot of time on her lap when I first moved into their yard and invited them to live with me. But now I mostly sleep on the couch, the dining room table, or some other inanimate object. Maybe it was a hustle, but I wasn't the only one doing the hustling. After a month of free reign living and carousing in their yard and neighborhood, I find myself neutered and staying in ALL NIGHT!

No comments: